Thursday, January 05, 2006

the stupid bus

I was almost to work this morning when I saw that the right lane (which I was in) was closed. Traffic is usually thick in this area, so I didn't think there was an issue until I hit the top of the hill. Then I had the challenge of trying to squeeze into the packed line of cars to my left. Joy.

Next to me there was a minivan with those annoying little puffs of colored ribbon tied to the four corners of the luggage rack on the roof and behind the minivan was a school bus. Now, there was a little extra room in front of the minivan, but that would require speeding up and seem a bit rude. I didn't want to be considered a line jumper. Besides, school buses have to be more polite; they have kids on board. So I turn my blinker on to get in front of the school bus.

It doesn't let me in. Not only that but it speeds up to drive the point home. It's all pettiness, because the bus turns left soon after. Argh. Anyway, so I speed up to try to get in that space in front of the minivan. There's a good car length there, my blinker was on, and I thought all was good. I gave the little thank-you wave and begin to get over. The minivan speeds up and honks at me.

Geez people. I'd understand this attitude if I was a line jumper who speed down the soon to end line to slip into an undeserved spot. But I was trying politely to take my place in line right when notice was given that the lane was closed up ahead. Give me a break people. I'm just trying to get to work.

Side note: My shoes are very cute today.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.