Thursday, January 06, 2005

deoderant go down the hole

Remember Tiny Toon Adventures? There was one episode where a Baby Plucky (the duck character) kept saying, "Water go down the hole." In "The Potty Years," Baby Plucky repeats the line over and over. The water did go down the hole until he clogged the toilet with everything he was trying to dump down it.



I had a Baby Plucky moment on New Year's Eve: I flushed my deodorant down the hole.

"You did what?!" and "How did you do that?!" were the two common responses from my friends.
My neighbors and long-time friends from across the hall were having a great party and so everyone was there to hear my embarrassing problem. Did I mention I'd had a couple to drink?

See, both of the bathrooms were occupied. And I really had to pee. (I was about to start sinning the Homestar Runner song: I really got, I really gotta pee pee, I really got, I really gotta pee!) My apartment is just across the hall, so I made a mad dash for my own commode. I did my business, pushed the little lever, and washed my hands (Mom would be so proud!). As I made a grab for the towel, my arm brushed over my deodorant stick and PLOP it dropped into the swirling water.

My response: No way! I didn't just do that. I stare at it. That won't fit down the hole—will it? GLUP. The toilet swallows my deodorant. Shit! (I wish it had been at this point.)

The next day I got to call my apartment manager. "Uh, hi, um this isn't an emergency, but it is kinda important. See, I kinda accidentally flushed my deodorant down the toilet, and I think it's probably stuck in the pipes." I then proceeded to give her a physical description of the flushed item, and she said Dustin would be around to look at it on Monday.

I came home from work on Monday to a note: "Don't touch caulk for 24 hours." Dustin, our maintenance guy, had to completely remove the toilet to fix my flushing error. I wonder if I'd be less embarrassed if Dustin was less cute?

Mommy made it all okay. "Don't worry about it," she said. "When dad and I were at that hotel in Tulsa last month, I flushed a washcloth by accident."

Like mother, like daughter?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why didn't I think to sing Plucky's song! I *loved* that cartoon!! Glad to know things are oke w/ the toilet now... (You win the "Most Memorable Last moment of 2004" award. The runner up was, of course, my spillage of your drink in the middle of carpet... I was sober...)

-l42

theCallowQueen said...

Baby Plucky quotes:
Water go down the hole! Water come back! I want to do it again!
My diaper came back!!
I wanna flush it again!

Henny Youngman: What do you think of Flushing, New York?
Plucky: I think it would be a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Even if we had talked last week, I wouldn't have said anything... because it wasn't supposed to be a big deal!!!

Love!
-l42

theCallowQueen said...

Not a big deal? Some suit at a bank is getting cranky legal-style. A suit filing a suit. Tee hee hee. Sorry. I'll crack some kneecaps if you want me to.

Anonymous said...

Cracked kneecaps not necessary. Hopefully this isn't going to get any bigger than it is. (But I just talked to my insurance agency, they recorded my statement and answers to questions, and later in the day I get an email from Mom saying I should have to be going to the insurance agency just yet. Too late, mum...)

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.