Monday, July 28, 2008

facing a new reality

Life is change; I get that. The industry I work in is changing rapidly. Aspects of my personal life are changing even more rapidly.

There is a difference between knowing that change will happen and taking those changes head on.

After discussions that I've had recently, I realized that I am not equipped for the future of my profession. The ship I'm on is sinking, as are those around me. Before that happens, I need to get a life raft. Practicing my swimming wouldn't hurt either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! So grim! Don't worry--change can be good. As someone who's gotten married, changed jobs twice, gone through graduate school and made a whole host of financial changes in the past two years, I can say it's not so bad.

Just be on the lookout for opportunities and go with your gut.--AH

theCallowQueen said...

Haha. I guess I have been full of doom and gloom lately.

I swear that I do see the silver lining to the dark clouds hovering over my head.

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.