Thursday, April 14, 2005

my new cubicle

Here I sit in my new cubicle. Gray instead of pink. Long instead of square. PC instead of Mac. It’s not bad. It’s just different. Very different. Here I go up an elevator to my cubicle on the fourth floor. I sit in a building with 300 other people. I’m unsettled. This isn’t my home. I don’t know everyone, and almost no one knows me. I feel small. I feel out of my element. I’m feeling the transition. I’d forgotten how long it takes to get used to a new job. I’d forgotten how long it takes to feel settled.

I’m happy, though. I didn’t lose my editorial skills in the move. They’re still here, feeling a little more tentative, a little more hesitant, but still here.

I’m slowly moving bits of myself into my new cubicle. Yesterday it was my small plant in the yellow cup. Today it was the cute dog clock Freaksme gave me. Tomorrow? Who knows, maybe another plant or some files. Exciting stuff, I know.

I found out that my old boss has just been promoted to Director of Business Content. I won’t go into my crazy mix of feelings on this here. But I just felt the need to note it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Promoted?! Cha!!

Glad you like the new job. Another new week? Any surprises? (You need a Mac! j/k ;-)

Anonymous said...

-l42

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.