Monday, October 02, 2006

lost and found

Lost starts up again this Wednesday. My roomie and I are reviving our Wednesday Lost-watching parties.

The show starts at 8 pm, but you're welcome before then. If you want to drop by before 6:30, call first.

A special this-Wednesday-only bonus: My roomie mentioned that her boy may be bringing over some food fixings.

Note to all: You're more than welcome to bring any food or drink items with you. It's great if you want to share. Be advised, we almost never have pop. We have water aplenty, though. We'll even throw in ice at no extra charge.

Note to Lost-haters: You're welcome to come by and socialize if you'd like. If you come over while the show is on, no Lost-hating comments.

Lost about lost? Those who want a quick summary, come at 7 pm. We've got last night's mega two-season recap on the DVR. (Yes, we have a DVR. I know, I'm still recovering from the shock. Sorry, no HD viewing abilities at this time. Maybe with my roomie's next promotion...)

ABC is supposed to show all new episodes for the next six or seven weeks. So, consider this a standing invitation for every Wednesday in October plus a few more into November. Hey, what else do you have to do on your Wednesday evenings?

So what happens if you miss a week? Come an hour early the next week; we'll probably be replaying the episode you missed. Oh, and we do take requests if the price is right.

And pass the word on. The more people we can bring into the cult of the Lost the better.

What's been keeping me busy
OK, so I know this blog has been a bit neglected. I'm busy. I'm tired. I miss my friends.

I'm on a triple deadline right now. US edition goes out today, world edition tomorrow and a supplement the day after.

My freelance work has also been keeping me busy. I've got a new client who likes my work and has passed a sizable project my way. I also had this interview with a custom communications group. I'll let you all know more when, well, I know more.

Things are good with me and the boy (because I know you all will ask if I don't say so). This Saturday will be one year. Now that's a crazy thought--a nice, but crazy thought. I kind of wanted to go to the restaurant where we had our first date. My roomie says that we could go there anytime and to make him spring for a nice meal at McCormick & Schmick's or some place like that. Tempting...

My Singapore trip is scheduled for the beginning of November. Now countingpigs wants me to pick the location of our trip (a week-long trip within my trip). I'm having a tough time deciding where we should go. If I could have a moment to pause in my busyness (and not be brain dead from exhaustion), I would be able to better show my excitement that this is finally working out.

OK, that's all the big stuff, I think. Have a happy Monday!

2 comments:

YellowDancer21 said...

It's good to know you're doing okay. I was wondering what was going on with you since you hadn't updated your blog while I was gone.

I'm finally settling back into life on the other side of the Pacific (and just when you're finally planning your trip to Singapore). We got back into town Sunday night and I slept 12 hours straight. It was so good to be sleeping in my own bed again. This trip was even better than the first, but I felt fairly satisfied so it wasn't as depressing to come home.

I'm still sorting through my pictures and my brain, but I hope to have a blog entry or two up soon, as well as some of my pictures on flickr.

PS As usual, I will be unavailable for Lost watching. Why Wednesdays, why?! So frustrating...

Anonymous said...

Yay, Spring! Happy Anniversary to you and your boy. (Who's Mary's boy?!) Congrats also on the success of your freelancing. ^^

Hope Lost is turning out to be all that you want it to be. XD XD

If I don't stop by before you leave, have fun in Singapore!

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.