Monday, June 11, 2007

take a break

I waste a lot of time. But I spend little time really allowing myself to relax. I recently heard a professor say we are living with constant partial attention. We are always checking in on everything but never fully present and focused on one thing (or person).

With all the distractions and noise, it becomes uncomfortable to be silent. To be silent inside. I want to be distracted. I don't want to be left alone with my thoughts. What if I find out that I really have no thoughts of my own?

Taking vacations, taking breaks, taking time for yourself and loved ones is something that kcprogrammer and I've been talking a lot about lately. It was one of those subjects that once it's brought up, events all around you seems to relate back to it.

So everything around me and kcprogrammer is telling us to remember to take out time, and we agree. But agreeing and doing are not the same. It's a lot of work to take a break.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn straight a break is a lot of work. Everyone is telling Jake and I that we should take a honeymoon, but I pretty much feel panicked at the thought of all the work of planning, paying for and in fact traveling.... Maybe I can just lay quietly in my tub for a while. That sounds nice.--AT

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.