Monday, July 26, 2004

brand spanky new

So my friend's car used to do this thing where it would stop at a light and not go when the light turned green. That wasn't good. So she got this new, cool car, and I'm all oohhing and ahhhing. And then she says, "You'll never guess who LizaLou and I saw." I hadn't a clue. "Spanky, and she was driving a new Accent."

The back story: I was parked in front of this same friend's home eight months ago when a girl rear ended my car.
Her license plate: SPANKY.
My license plate: SKO 966 a.k.a. TRASHED—my poor car.
Perhaps, with the new car her mommy bought her, she also received a personal driver named James so she wouldn't be tempted to go careening down side streets anymore.

A big thanks to LizaLou and YellowDancer for breaking me out of my funk yesterday. I was so tired. Perhaps the drain was emotional as much as physical, or maybe the emotional upset the physical, which caused my intense desire to pull the shades to block out that freakin' bright sun and crawl deep under my duvet, even though sleep refused to visit with me. My thoughts that day were like that sentence, long, jumbled, and hard to read.

Thanks to you two, Benjamin and Sophie may just survive. (And maybe Sophie should be Southern. Say, Benjamin, real slow like.) But hey, even if they don't survive, at least now they won't go down in flames nameless anymore.

Today's snippet comes from YellowDancer21's Witch Hunter Robin FanFic, Libera Me:
A haze swam across his vision suddenly, accompanied by a sense of nausea and he attempted to regain control. He must have been allowing his emotions to affect him physically, which was a weakness he abhorred even more than his weakness in feeling the emotions in the first place... It was both unnerving and damned annoying. He detested this feeling of teetering on the edge of losing control. (You can read more at FanFiction.Net. You know you want to...)

No comments:

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.