Monday, August 02, 2004

august radiator heat

It's hot. Lots going on. Lots to do. My grandma's moving on the 14th. My friends are moving on the 14th. Then there is the convention and 12-hour work days in horrid maroon work shirts. But first, I must tame the mammoth stack of manuscripts that has grown on my desk and piles of paper haphazardly climb higher and higher. How much longer until the towers fall?

I have a little fan by my computer desk. It whizzes and whirrs air in my direction. My left arm is cold. the heat is outside in the august sun. the heat is inside in those piles on my desk.

This is it. This month I cannot be behind. I cannot melt under the pressure. This month it is crucial that I shine from a job well done and not from the glistening of sweat from stress and strain.

I will be so happy when august is over.

Okay, "Amelie" is my favorite movie, so a friend of mine showed me an earlier movie by the same director. It's the "City of the Lost Children," and it's dark and confusing and stunning. So today's quotes come from the Krank, Miette, One, and a clone. The tie in with my August stress/heat wave? The lessons learned, of course, including:
I am the original me. Those others are just inferior copies.
People create their own heat and can share. But I mean that in a completely platonic way.
Stupid people really shouldn't speak. They should eat more vegetables.
Don't judge others' abilities by their size. Some short people can jump really high.

Clone: C'est moi l'original! C'est moi!

Miette: What are you doing?
One: Radiator.

Krank: Quiet! You vegetable!

One: Miette too little.
Miette: Not that little.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.