Thursday, September 09, 2004

hair pulling frustration

so i have this job that i've been doing for a while.
and the girl in the position just above mine won't be returning after her maternity leave ends next week.
and i want this teeny little thing called a promotion.
and i think my boss was beginning to come round to the idea that i was ready.
that i was capable. that this could work.
then i found out two other more experienced editors may be vying for the same job.
don't they know this is my job?
and then i got this edit back.
too much red.
not good.
and i'm in a rut on my news blurbs.
and ugh.
i reeeaaaalllly want this.
my fear is that if my boss hires someone else, then my chances of being promoted on this mag are zero until someone leaves again.
then my only option would be to try for a job in another department or at another company.

ugh. ugh. ugh.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.