Friday, November 19, 2004

cleaning for the holidays

For one week I'll be gone from this little cubicle, gone from my work, gone from my computer.

The good: I have five days of freedom before traveling to see family for Thanksgiving. The hard: I have just five days to expel every curse word from my vocabulary and wipe all impure, unclean thoughts from my mind. One mustn't let the family know when one's lost sight of the straight and narrow. Five days should be enough time to find that dang path, right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah... So I tolds ya once, so I tells you again... @gmail doesn't work with Macintosh Web browsers. Until they do, I ain't usin' them. Nyah!

theCallowQueen said...

But there you are wrong, young grasshopper. Gmail does work on Macs.
Just try:
Netscape 7.1+
Mozilla 1.4+
Mozilla Firefox 0.8+
Safari 1.2.1+
No, it still doesn't work on IE for Macs, but I believe Microsoft is no longer updating IE for Macs anyway. I'm weaning myself off of the dying carcass ...

Anonymous said...

I was amused to see that Neil Gaiman wrote what music was playing on his iTunes while he was writing his latest livejournal entry:

"(Now playing on an iTunes party shuffle of recently-added CDs: 'Harry Rag' from the Kinks BBC Sessions CD. No, that stopped. Now it's the Dresden Dolls' 'Coin Operated Boy.')"

Anonymous said...

I keep forgeting to post my name:

-l42

theCallowQueen said...

coin operated boy

made of plastic and elastic
he is rugged and long-lasting
who could ever ever ask for more
love without complications galore
many shapes and weights to choose from
i will never leave my bedroom
i will never cry at night again
wrap my arms around him and pretend...

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.