Tuesday, March 21, 2006

expensive medicine

So I have this habit of waking up at 3 a.m. The three main reasons: restless sleep, a brilliant idea or a forgotten thing remembered. I woke this morning with a start.

Crap. I didn't remember to change that. Is it too late?

First thing this morning (when those of you who know how to properly sleep through the night arrived at work), I found out that it was to late to be changed. The project would have to be redone. And to save face, the cost would be mine. (Shhh! It's a secret.)

So this morning I swallowed an expensive pill. Let's hope it's the last time I have take it. This pill is particularly bitter.

5 comments:

YellowDancer21 said...

I hate that feeling. I've been there before. Unfortunately, I usually don't have the option of eating the cost and fixing the mistake myself. Still, it sucks either way. Hope your day improves from here.

Anonymous said...

Did you see my blog from yesterday? I myself had an "oh no I screwed up" moment. Thankfully all is resolved now. I'll see you tonight:)--at

theCallowQueen said...

AT, I read your post this morning. I'll admit, it made me feel a bit better to know that someone else had a crappy day.

Yay! New Lost tonight. Come by early if you want. I'm sure we'll do something foodwise.

Sideways Chica said...

I shuddered when I read about your abrupt wake-up scenario. I did this for years, and years, and years. I understand the feeling. I understand the expensive pill.

Hope the week gets better, and you make it up on another project that goes smoother than anticipated.

Ciao chica...

Teri

theCallowQueen said...

Hi Teri, I got lucky. The owners of the printer I use were sympathetic and cut their fee in half for me. It was a very kind gesture. Sir Speedy rocks!

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.