Tuesday, June 20, 2006

back from beantown

Well after the last post, I realized that some of you might think that something bad happened while I was away. No, the trip to Boston was good. I'm good. Most things in my life are good.

But there is always the thorn. Such a little thing a thorn. But such pain it can cause. Why is it that one flaw can draw one's attention away from the otherwise beautiful state of a thing?

I know my eye is drawn away from the good and to the problem spots. I know I waste my time worrying over the little bad and cheat myself of enjoying all the good.

OK, back to focusing on the good. The weather was fine in Boston last week. I roamed around the city, mostly on foot, and spent two days in the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. And I ate lots of yummy food, though kcprogrammer and I agree that the baked beans really aren't deserving of their fame.

I'm working on a freelance project right now. But when I have some time, I'll post pictures from the trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good trip. We missed you while you were gone! I suspected as much about the baked beans...I can't imagine that baked beans get much better than Jack Stack's.

I look forward to seeing you again soon--AT

YellowDancer21 said...

Glad you had a good time. It's funny how little things that go wrong on a trip can really get to you while you're on the trip, but luckily they generally fade away afterward. If it's a really good trip, you really only remember the good stuff in the end.

I'm looking forward to hearing all about Boston!

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.