Monday, July 17, 2006

time flies

I leave for Chicago in two days. There is so much to get done before then. I have a running mental list (and am sure to forget half of its contents).

One thing I didn't forget this morning was finding my flight itinerary so that I could send it to kcprogrammer. He had kindly volunteered to take his girlfriend to the airport for her flight on Wednesday morning. Except when I looked to check the exact time, this is what I saw: 7:05PM. Shite.

kcprogrammer even had to read it a second time before he notice the error. Now what?

My choices:
  • Fly out at 7:05pm and miss out on a reception where I'd meet the other scholarship winners, the organizations board members and staff, and conference speakers. There was even a chance that I could go to the national board meeting and talk about my chapter's blog. And I was going to try to fit in a wee bit of sightseeing.
  • Pay $151 to change my flight to 7:40am. Um, no.
  • Fly standby and risk the boredom of a day spent at KCI and the chance that my butt could still be on that 7pm flight.
  • Call three hours in advance of the flight I want to get advance standby. Confirmation price: $25. First flight out (and probably the most likely to have open seats): 6:20am. Three hour call ahead time: 3:20am. Ugh.

So, I'm feeling understandably brilliant this morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

3:20 AM is not as early as you might think...I had to wake up about then to catch a flight to Chicago once... It seemed a lot less early than 5:00AM EST hung over to catch a flight home from Detroit:)

It looks like the last one is your best choice.

Can you get a new one-way ticket to Chicago for less than $151? Sometimes they have last minute deals through American for $79-99 if you like that option any better.

I'm just jealous everyone is going to Chicago. I want to go!--AT

YellowDancer21 said...

oh dear... that sounds like something from a bad dream. That sucks! I really hope you get it straightened out without too much hassel. And I hope you have a great trip!

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.