Monday, July 31, 2006

asleep at the keyboard

I'm working in a fog this morning. I have my multitude of tasks vying for attention in my brain.
"Me next!"
"No, me first!"
"Don't do that!"
"I'm the priority"

And I have a headache.

I haven't read any blogs in weeks. Bloglines is showing that I have 1549 unread posts.

I have two 800-word articles to write that are past due. I was given a short deadline; they're not for my magazine, I'm not getting paid for them, and I haven't written anything that substantial in a long time. Yes, I'm procrastinating.

On Sunday kcprogrammer came with me to help my paternal grandmother move into her new place. We began at 7a.m. and had moved two loads in an hour and a half. But the work wasn't over. We then went to my maternal grandmother's house to assist my mom in sorting through the last of the items and putting them into a U-Haul truck bound for a storage unit. Kcprogrammer got an excellent chance to see how the two sides of my family operate very differently.

I don't know how it happened but the sale of both houses is today.

That's it from me for now. Toodles.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.