Monday, November 20, 2006

in two days

In two days I'll be on a plane home. I'll be happy to be home with my family for thanksgiving. I'll also be sad to be leaving this experience.

I'm not the type to move very far away. Chicago seems like a world away. So, if I can't think of moving to a city that's a mere two hours away by plane, I probably won't be packing up for a relocation to a foreign country any time soon. That said, I have the travel bug.

I love learning how other people live.
I love seeing the sunset behind oceans and seas.
I love listening to the song of an unknown language being hummed all around me.
I love tasting all the different foods.
I love taking pictures of the places I go.

I miss my life and the safety I find in being able to fall into set patterns of waking, working, eating, being.
I miss my people. I miss the security from hugs from my family. I miss the comfort from kcprogrammers hand interlaced with mine. I miss the insight that only my roomie can provide. I miss the connectedness of knowing the inside jokes that come from being a part of my friends' daily lives.
I miss my food. I love the food I've been eating these past two weeks, don't get me wrong. And I'm taking full advantage of the opportunity. But I'm really craving a bean burrito right now.
I miss my bed, my bathroom, my cell phone, my computer and all my comforts.
I miss my life, but I don't regret the decision to leave it for a time. My live is waiting. Two weeks is a short time that, when thinking of the life on hold, can feel like a long time. But most of my life will wait for me, almost as it was when I left.

And in two days I'll be back.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.