Monday, December 27, 2004

a day with mom

I'm at home today, my parents' home, spending the day helping my mom go through her closet. She's run off to the store, leaving me to type. Chester, the big grey cat, is sleeping in my lap with his cold wet nose pressed against my forearm, making typing a bit of an ordeal.

My mom has been on this organization kick, which means that every time I visit this feels less like home. The silverware is kept in an entirely different drawer, and my bedroom is no longer even mine. I know that I've only spent about seven-months' worth of time in this house in the last five years, but I'm not quite ready to let that idea of "home" go.

My right foot is about to fall asleep. It has that cold tingle. But to move it would disturb the cat. I'm going to chance it. Darn. The cat's now up and sitting in front of the monitor. Ah well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chester!!

My former big gray cat!! How I miss him... Wait, there are two gray cats waiting for me (er, the hand that feeds them) back at the Czech house. Jacob has a major habit of standing in front of my monitor while I'm watchin' stuff. The nerve...

-l42

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.