Thursday, December 30, 2004

purposeful purposelessness

I'm at work. Yes, I'm on vacation this week. Don't worry; I'm not working. I'm just using the Internet access.

I stopped by today to take a co-worker out to lunch. She's the only editor on my magazine working this week. If it were me, I'd be close to certifiable. It's so quite in the office. Almost everyone's gone.

And one of my plants is about to wilt into non-life. Sigh. I give it another spritz with water before I go.

All this time away from work has been disorienting for me. Life without a computer. (I have 150 work-related e-mails wating for me.) Life without an inbox. Life without deadlines. It almost feels like a life without purpose. And I'm okay with having a purposeless life for another four days.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.