Friday, February 24, 2006

isolation

I've been feeling a bit alone at work lately. My two fellow editors who sit on either side of my cubicle wall are a tight little duo. They talk throughout the day using instant messaging. On my right I'll hear a giggle and typing then a few moments later the response giggle and typing on my left.

It's like being in the middle of a conversation without being able to hear a word of it.

And then the two teamed up to ask to go to a journalism conference. Someone must be able to cover for an editor when she is gone, so only two of us could go to this conference. The slots were filled even before I knew they were open.

I don't mean to make is sound like they were working behind my back. They're nice, friendly girls who know how to play the game of getting what they want. I don't know how to play the game.

I just feel very alone and on the outside here sometimes.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.