Tuesday, February 14, 2006

sleep work

I slept well last night. Now, I know that this isn't something worth posting for most people. But the fact that I went to bed at 11 p.m. and basically slept until 5:30 a.m. is a pretty amazing thing for me.

And I'd like to know why.

I wasn't calm or relaxed. In fact, I'd been riled up all day. Kcprogrammer probably thought I was half insane with my broken thoughts and jumping topics. (For the record, I am 1/6th insane, which--while higher than for most--is within the acceptable range.)

For comparison, the previous nights were the tossy, turny, sweaty affairs with all the appearances of periods of deep sleep but none of the benefits.

So what made last night different? Perhaps it's similar to the whole "How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a Tootsie Pop." The world may never know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know why! You were finally so exhausted from the sleepless nights that you finally slept decently. At least that's how things work for Jake when he's slept badly for a while. I almost never have trouble sleeping...sometimes stress bothers me, but I haven't been really stressed since college. Smoking is the only thing that has negatively affected me since then. And I quit, so it's sweet dreams for me. You didn't exercise more yesterday did you? Or eat particularly healthfully or drink a lot of water? I know I sleep better when I'm taking better care of myself physically...which is not right now after my co-worker gave me a giant bag of candy! If you indulduged in any, um...physical contact that may have been it too. I'm glad you slept well though. I hope it keeps up. And Happy Valentine's Day!--AT

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.