Monday, April 03, 2006

the biggest issue ever

OK, well I don't know that this is the biggest issue ever, but at 494 pages, it's the sumo wrestler that were currently trying to squeeze through production.

You read right. Four-hundred and ninety-four pages. Thankfully we are not the producers of all 494 pages. A giant insert counts for 249 of the pages. Take that away and we're still looking at 155 pages, which is still substantial for a magazine that hovers around 100 pages.

Right now my fellow editors an I are working on more than 80 pages of new products. Yay!

And my headache, which sat yesterday behind my right eye, has now settled in behind my left eye. I think I preferred the pain on the right.

3 comments:

YellowDancer21 said...

Wow! That sounds like a lot of work. And I hear you with the headaches. That's the only thing I don't like about Spring. The season, I mean. There's a lot about you I don't like. :) Just kidding...

Sideways Chica said...

Whenever I pop in, I am always reminded of my days in the advertising world. Whew! I wish you a headache-less day soon chica.

I have been pretty busy (read crazy) on the homefront and also finishing my book proposal (what a nightmare) and have not blogged around on other sites for awhile. Just wanted to say hello and wish you a great day (if not today, soon). I could always relax after bindery check and sample delivery. Hopefully you can relax soon.

Ciao...

Teri

theCallowQueen said...

Well this issue is done, and I'm beginning work on the next one. It's the neverending magazine cycle.

It's hectic, but at least there's always a definite end -- unlike book writing. Good luck, Teri, I'm impressed with anyone making it to the proposal stage.

I've been reading more about book writing on mediabistro. It's a daunting task. I'm toying with the idea of book editing though.

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.