Monday, December 04, 2006

neighbors again

Big-Bold-D and aulurienne are moving in above my roomie and me. I'm so excited to have them both as neighbors, again, but for the first time together.

Fall 1999 to spring 2000: aulurienne and another friend from high school take up residence in the dorm room across the hall and one down from me. My roomie transfers to KU and by luck ends up in the room directly across from me.

Fall 2000 to winter 2001: aulurienne and her roommate end up in the on-campus apartment that is across the hall--as well as next to--my apartment with my roomie.

Summer 2004 to summer 2006: Big-Bold-D and G-man take the the apartment across the hall from my roomie and me.

Winter 2006: Big-Bold-D and aulurienne move in to the apartment above!

I'm giddy. I get to have my friends near me once more. I was feeling the loss of friendship a little bit of late. I don't leave much room in my weekends for socializing these days. And after the boys moved out, my opportunities to visit them and their visitors evaporated. Friendships take work--work that I realize that I haven't been putting in my fair share of, and I'm feeling the effects of it. So, I'm happy for this new opportunity.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.