Tuesday, October 19, 2004

blindness for sore eyes

Heavy. The load feels heavy. The world feels heavy.
The big events crush me.
The many little ones cripple me.
What gets me by is holding on to the random little nothings.
They're slipping through my fingers.
My grasp is weak.
My spirit is tired.
I'm begging for the world to stop, for time to halt, just for a moment, just so I can get my bearings.

And I feel so petty.
My worries are so small, so insignificant.
And yet there is little more substantive in my life, so my little worries cast enveloping shadows.
My world is small. My thoughts revolve around me. Selfish.
I worry. I sabotage my efforts. I sabotage others efforts to help me.

All this to say, I'm a little down today as I was yesterday as I probably will be tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perk up. You'll see me tonight.

theCallowQueen said...

It was good to see you!
And I'm fine, really.
It's just those darn transitions.
I've just been feeling them more acutely of late.
I want to edit my life transitions like I edit my paragraph transitions.

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.