Friday, October 29, 2004

i demand a recount

I lost the Halloween costume contest at work. Apparently my handmade winged ensemble, though comparable to the Victory of Samothrace, cannot compete with a dog wearing a crown and a king's robe.

For reference, here's Victory of Samothrace and my competition

vs.

And of course, at my work, the dog took home the crown.

We also had a pumpkin carving competition.
It was a close race between

and .

But in the end, Kerry took it. (Don't hate me; I voted for Bush on this one. Don't worry, it won't happen again!)

A small, personal victory: I applied for a job. Not that I'll get it. Not that things won't work out here. But I did it. I gave myself an option.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't win. I'm surprised they didn't have seperate contests for animals and people. I would have voted for Bush's pumpkin, too.

-lizalou42

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.