Friday, July 22, 2005

damnit, i know the ending!

So apparently, 96.5 The Buzz gave out the ending of Harry Potter on the air. This kid was so upset that he's staging a protest. A co-worker of mine sent me a link to the Buzz's Web site where they provide a picture of the kid with a lightning bolt on his forehead and a link to his protest site. She sent it to me because it was funny. But underneath it GAVE AWAY THE FREAKIN' ENDING. I know who dies. I know who killed him. And I haven't even opened the book yet. And let me tell you, this is important, this is big, this really will change the way I read the book. They mystery is gone. And my co-worker feels really bad about it. (Don't feel bad; I'll live, somehow, through this tragedy.)

On an up note: I sidestepped my managing editor about paying for my dues to this editing association I'm involved with and went straight to my editorial director. He gave the OK to reimburse me for the whole thing. Yay! It was the same co-worker's idea to talk to my editorial director about it. So I guess I'm still on speaking terms with her. ;)

Damnit, I still know. I haven't forgotten.

I was hoping that, by thinking and writing about something else, that I could purge my mind of the knowledge. Foolish, yes, but still worth a try.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better not tell me. :)

YellowDancer21 said...

I know the end too...but I read up to it... I cried so hard even though I predicted it before I read the book! But the story is still really good. Spoilers are so wrong.

I like your new background!

Anonymous said...

No Spoilers woman says, "No spoilers!!"

Well, what else would she say?

Venjanz said...

I like your blog, but DAMN! Don’t you think you’re a little bit too morose?

theCallowQueen said...

Morose? Hmm… I never really thought about it. I guess I don’t have an overly chipper blog. But the word morose, to me, holds the connotation of glumness, sullenness without any spark.

I may be negative, but at least it’s in a half-joking manner. I’m merely poking at my own tendencies to over-dramatize situations. I like to find the humor in my pettiness. My life isn’t full of depth and meaning. I live an easy live, full of silliness and empty of true suffering. But, yet, I still feel as if I suffer over these little things. It’s ridiculous, and that fact is more entertaining to write about. And, I hope, more entertaining for my readers.

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.