Friday, July 15, 2005

gee, i hate communicating

I just sent the hardest e-mail of my life today. To the person I sent it to: I'm sorry.

The G-man says that some girls enjoy sending such letters. I am disgusted by such girls. But, sometimes, I'm disgusted by my own actions. I fear that I sometimes lead guys on because I don't tell them straight out that it's not going to happen. I fear they'll ask me why. Sometimes it's because I'm not interested, and that's hard to say. Sometimes it's because I'm afraid, overwhelmed, and embarrassed, and that's hard to admit, especially to myself.

5 comments:

YellowDancer21 said...

The problem with sending such emails is that email can be so easily misinterpreted. But when you're in such a situation, it's so difficult to say such a thing on the phone or in person because you have to think on your feet and deal with whatever things the person says back to you. I would probably write an email too if I were in your position, but it is difficult however you do it. It's just a bad situation

And I wonder where G-man gets his information. What kind of girl would enjoy rejecting someone?

Anonymous said...

Darling, don't be so hard on yourself. I think we can all agree than G-man is not an expert on girls.

You have no obligation to spend time with anyone you don't want to--for any reason. And as a very wise former roommate of mine said today, nobody likes to be rejected and sometimes the lash out. It's hard to turn down someone and hard to be turned down.

At least you sent the email which is better than my sister who's advice on these type of situations was to avoid phone calls!

Really, can you help it that you're so fabulous? I think not.
--A

Anonymous said...

Just take heart in knowing that you took action before things became to overwhelming and more difficult. I respect sincerity above all else, and this is me who is the worst about just saying what I mean. *shrug*

theCallowQueen said...

You girls are sweet. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Welcome! ^^

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.