Tuesday, July 19, 2005

numb

The lower right side of my jaw was numb yesterday after a trip to the dentist. At dinner, I realized I was biting my lip as well as my food.

“I think I bit my lip. Does it look OK?” I asked my roomie.
“Um, it’s bleeding,” she replied.

And that was just the beginning. I tried chewing with my mouth open, lips pushed out as far as I could. Still problems, and I felt like a cow chewing her cud.

I ended up just holding my bottom lip down while I ate. But this method wouldn’t work for my drink. My roomie laughed every time I took a sip and some of it splurted back out.

My bottom lip's swollen today. And I have a bruise, too. If your mouth is ever numb and itches, don't try to itch it. It's impossible to know how forceful you're being.

And since this is only a temporary filling, I’ll be in the same fix two weeks from now when I go back to the dentist to get the real thing.

4 comments:

YellowDancer21 said...

Would this be a bad time to mention how happy I was when I went to the dentist a couple weeks ago and found out I didn't have any cavities?

Although, I think I have fillings in most of my molars now so there aren't a whole lot left to be filled. I dread the day when they crack and I have to have crowns put on...

theCallowQueen said...

I haven't had a new cavity in years. This was an old silver filling that my dentist said needed to be replaced.

He's putting in a ceramic inlay, which reduces the chances of the filling cracking my tooth. He even adds darkened lines along the top grooves so it will blend in seamlessly with my other teeth.

I'll be happy when it's done.

Anonymous said...

One is reminded of the uber hilarious Bill Cosby stand-up routine "The Dentist". Have you heard it?

We can relate. Hope you can feel again soon! ^^

theCallowQueen said...

Yeah, I know the Bill Cosby routine you're talking about. I saw it on TV years ago. With his lower jaw hanging limp and bottom lip puffed out, he tries to explain something of great importance. Really funny.

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.