Thursday, July 07, 2005

the sick life

Back to work today. I forgot my decongestant at home. I guess my co-workers will just have to deal with my musical nose today. I haven't really talked with anyone in a while so here's a rough update since my last post.

WEDNESDAY: Made brownies.

THURSDAY: Took brownies to work for co-worker’s birthday.

FRIDAY: We got doughnuts and bagels that morning at work. It was also Free Pop Friday. And we got to leave at 1 pm. What a treat. I went with a former co-worker and her former roommate to see the Get Up Kids perform their next-to-last show at the Granada in Lawrence. It was good. My feet hurt from all the standing. And it was fun to see my cousin up on stage.

SATURDAY: Two of Big-Bold-D’s friends tried to take us to Dunn’s Cider Mill in Belton for lunch. It was closed. Sigh. We ended up eating at a good BBQ place, though. That evening I went with my roomie and her littlest sis to Zona Rosa, an outdoor shopping area off of Barry Rd. I’d never been out there before. We ended up eating at an Italian place called Bravo, which, I found out, is run by the same people who own Brio on the Plaza. My roomie and I forgot our leftovers. Sigh. But the ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery made up for it. Then we went to see Bewitched, which ended up being more entertaining than I expected.

SUNDAY: That former co-worker’s former roommate had her birthday party that evening. Vodka slushies are yummy but dangerous. I bruised my ego there and am still recovering. Sitting on her couch, I felt my throat getting sore.

MONDAY: My dad’s birthday. I’m sick. My throat’s swollen. I spend the day with my parents. I go home early. I go to bed early. I listen to the boom of fireworks, unable to sleep.

TUESDAY: I’m sick. Lots of TV watching. A little reading.

WEDNESDAY: It’s Tuesday, repeated.

THURSDAY: Woke up to news of the London bombings. Felt sick. Back at work. Congested.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring-time is sick! NOOOOOOO!!

You better come back to me. ;-)

YellowDancer21 said...

You gonna be feeling well enough to still hang out tonight? I know a little elf who would enjoy riding the ocean with you, if you're interested.

theCallowQueen said...

see you tonight, yellowdancer12. :)

I'm feeling much better today. I get to leave work early and enjoy a slightly extended weekend.

YellowDancer21 said...

Slightly extended weekend? HAH!

What about the extremely shortened work week?!

I know, I know. It sucks being sick. And so far I have managed to avoid getting your virus. HahaH! Haven't watched any Gilmore girls yet though...

Anonymous said...

I don't think I knew about the bruised ego thing...you'll have to tell me tomorrow. I think I just missed everything...damn those shots!

theCallowQueen said...

Sure, I'll tell you all about it. And you'll tell me all about your breakfast date on Saturday. ;)

Anonymous said...

It wasn't breakfast; it was lunch, and it sounds like you've already heard about!

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.