Tuesday, August 16, 2005

word of the day: hick-hop

hick-hop, noun. A form of music blending aspects of country music and hip-hop, esp. music featuring rap-style lyrical recitation over a country-style background.

And example from Time: I'm rapping over pedal-steel guitar, lap steel, Dobro, fiddle and other country music instruments. In the Muzik Mafia we call it hick-hop, and we think its time has come. Country is ready to expand its boundaries.

Yeehaw, that hick-hop’s dope! (Yeah, I’m a dork.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

STOP THE INSANITY! It was only a matter of time before it happened I suppose--Everyone who's ever been to small town knows all kids listen to is country and rap. It was bound to be combined at some point. Lord knows how I got out alive! Maybe what I should be more concerned about is that I'm pretty that was an article about Big and Rich and I haven't read a Time in years... AT

YellowDancer21 said...

It's like everything I've ever hated in music in one stupid package.

theCallowQueen said...

Two notes about Big and Rich:
1) They sang, "Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy," at a children's hospital. So wrong.
2) They sing a cover of Manonna's "Like a Virgin." So scary.

Big-Bold-D said...

If you combine country and rap, I'd prefer to call it c'rap.

Anonymous said...

I am interested in this.

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.