Wednesday, December 21, 2005

new name

We just found out what the new name of our company is. Groan.

We're very excited about our new name because it's a great name that conveys a positive message and reflects the broad spectrum of media solutions we offer our customers.
Now, I'm not saying that I envy the job of trying to come up with a name for such a large organization, but I am hinting that I think I could have done a better job.
We ask everyone in the organization to enthusiastically embrace our new name. Carry it positively to the marketplace and avoid the inclination to say "why didn't we name it this or that." It was a very tough process and many excellent names weren't usable due to trademark issues. We were thrilled to find a name that says so much about our business and our goals--and that sounds great and that we can be very proud of.
The new name is kind of touchy-feely. Are they trying to sugarcoat over the fact that this is a money-hungry corporation? Change the name, but the company is still the same. It's corporate culture. It's money culture. And I'm the pee-on who helps make it all happen.

Hmm... I wonder if this post shows how ready I am to "enthusiastically embrace" the name? Well, from here on out I will. Yay! Go team!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.