Monday, May 08, 2006

big thoughts, little girl

OK, this post is in response to Kat's comment on my last post. (Her comment: Sweetheart, WHAT is going on?!?)

I'm putting it here, because I want you all to know that all is fine.

I'm just a girl who suddenly found herself contemplating a big-girl issue. And thinking about herself as a big girl makes her think about all the ways in which she still feels very much like a little girl.

So, here's the deal: I'm considering buying a house. It's been in my two-year plan for about a year or so (but that home-owning date has always been a moving target, staying two years out of reach). Then last weekend, when I was still physically and emotionally drained from my conference trip, my mom called asking if I'd be interested in buying my grandma's house.

It may not happen, but even so, it got me thinking about where I'm at right now and where I want to be. It's a bit scary; I recommend not doing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think buying a house would be awesome! Just make sure your family doesn't pressure you into doing it and make sure your grandmother's house suits you.

I'm terribly jealous about the whole buying a house thing. I would love to, but my finances are no where near ready to buy a house. I think the whole grad school thing has something to do with...someone better pay me a lot of money for this MBA!

I'm getting off subject...I think you're just going to have to crunch the numbers and go with your gut on this one. The whole thought of growing up is rather strange, isn't it? --at

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.