Monday, May 15, 2006

i'm a winner

I just found out that I was selected as a winner in a scholarship competition I entered. The scholarship pays for me to attend a national conference that I'd really wanted to go to (but feared was too expensive to persuade my boss to pay my way). I'm going to Chicago. WooHoo!

The other reasons why I feel like a winner:
  • I was honored by the group of friends who gathered to celebrate my birthday with me on Saturday.
  • I found a good, soft bed at a ridiculously cheap price. (Really, if you need a bed, go to Sleep World. And if you tell them that I sent you, we can split a discount.) And I slept the night through, which is such a treat for me. (And thanks to my family for the birthday checks that make this bed purchase even more affordable for me.)
  • I had such a pleasant birthday and Mother's Day with my family (thanks, Dad, for the delicious meal at Longhorn) and with kcprogrammer's family.
  • I cleaned my cubicle on Friday. And, today, one side of my desk is filled with birthday treats from co-workers. Oh, and I'm caught up on my work for the most part, which feels good. (Although, I see a rushed deadline on the horizon. Sigh.)
  • I'm simply feeling happy. I think it's this solid sleep I'm getting. I sure hope it keeps up.
I'm feeling modivated, like I want to set out and accomplish something.

We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action.
—Frank Tibolt

1 comment:

Kat said...

Happy, happy belated birthday! I was thinking about you on Saturday and wishing I could join in on the festivities. Hurray for you, Callow Queen!!

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.