Monday, March 28, 2005

me wasting energy, again

My cell phone just rang. It was from Unknown Caller, which is usually Freaksme using a phonecard.

Me: Hey (thinking it's my Singaporean friend)
Unknown Caller: Is this [theCallowQueen]?
Me: Um, yes, sorry.
Caller: Hi, I'm...with... We've looke over your resumé, and it looks like your an ideal candidate for this position. Would you be able to schedule an interview this week?
Me: I'm sorry. I've already accepted another position. But thanks, your position seemed like it would have been a great opportunity.

So my freakout that there were no jobs to be had, that my boss would fire me and my editing career would end, and that no company would ever call was a little extreme. I must remember: I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And goshdarnit, people like me!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.