Thursday, September 15, 2005

highs and lows

My editorial director is out for two weeks. My managing editor is gone for the day. That just leaves the assistant editor and me to take on a 36-page supplement that we didn't know had to go to pre-press today. We just go the final imposition (layout for the articles and ads) yesterday afternoon. The author was still missing chunks of his articles and some photos.

My editorial director called to tell me the supplement WOULD go out today. Is he crazy? Things got worse. The author decided that he couldn't give us his changes over e-mail and the phone, so he came in instead. Not only is he drawing out the process. I'm getting nothing done. And he's harassing my assistant editor. If he attempt to get into it with her one more time about problems that aren't even her fault, I'm going to have to take him aside and have a chat with him. (Either that or watch the assistant editor kill him.) This is just not acceptable.

On an up note: My iPod Nano came in the mail yesterday. It's wonderful.

7 comments:

YellowDancer21 said...

I've gotta admit that those nanos are pretty durn cute. ;)

Sucks about work. I've never understood where unreasonable demands like that come from. People are so used to getting everything they want, they think they can get whatever they want out of you if they squeeze you hard enough. And if you succeed (which you have to since failure is not an option) then they expect you to do it again.

theCallowQueen said...

The day got even better. E-mail was out, so we didn't know they'd changed an ad spread to two right-hand pages until I'd already tried sending the pages to pre-press.

And one of the sales guys sold another ad, meaning I get to redo the entire thing.

I really liked this job. Why did they have to screw that up?

And I am totally going to use company time and resourses to play games on the Internet today.

Anonymous said...

I ordered my nano today! I'm SO excited...I'm glad I know that I can make you come over and help me set it up, mwahaha! I also ordered a pink jogging band and the car adapter set. It's so sweet...--at

theCallowQueen said...

theCallowQueen does a little happy dance for AT's purchase.

Anonymous said...

I hope your day got better after my surprise visit. ;) I live to please.

theCallowQueen said...

My day got much better thanks to you. :)

Anonymous said...

;D

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.