Monday, November 14, 2005

la révolution

The G-man and I took my roomie to see Les Misérables on Saturday. I love this musical. Much of the movie centers on the oppression of the poor in France (circa 1830) and one group's attempt to ignite a revolution. Seeing it now, with the current unrest in France, seemed fitting.

At the End of the Day
At the end of the day you're another day older.
And that's all you can say for the life of the poor.
It's a struggle, it's a war.
And there's nothing that anyone's giving.
One more day standing about
What is it for?
One day less to be living.

Do You Hear the People Singing?
Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the song of angry men?
It is the music of the people
Who will not be slaves again!
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums,
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too, love Les Mis. I was completely obsessed when I was in high school. I listen to the Original Cast recording with Patty Lupone singing Fantine more times than I can count. My favorite part is the first act finale. And "A Little Fall of Rain" still makes me cry when I hear it. I'm glad you all had a good time:)--at

Anonymous said...

"PS Things are good with the &@^."

You better tell me about this sometime. ;D

theCallowQueen said...

When? If you come on Friday, you will meet.

Anonymous said...

It was the best birthday present ever! :)

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.