Tuesday, November 01, 2005

editor's angst

I hate PR people today. I hate their demanding tone. I hate their expectation that I'm going to bend over and let them have it their way. I have some respect for myself as an editor, you know. I will fight back (though I will do it with a fake smile and simulated regret). I won't allow them to turn my articles into complete advertorials.

Have some trust in me, PR people. Your products will sound better without all of your fluff words and crazy-constructed passive-voice sentences. Let me do my freakin' job or buy an ad in our magazine and run all the crapified, overly wordy text that you like. Oh, I like that option much better. It saves me work and makes the magazine money.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.