Wednesday, November 02, 2005

whining about counting crows clash

So I'm slowly working my way through all my mp3s. Many of them are from Big-Bold-D. Nannette is filled with artists from the front of the alphabet. And that includes a probably the entire song libraries for the Counting Crows and the Clash. So random isn't all that random right now.

Now, I like both bands. But I'm about to start deleting here in a moment. Both bands are forcing me to listen to way too much morose, pity-me, why-me, I-feel-pain whiny music. And I'm getting sick of it. I never really thought of the Counting Crows as being particularly whiny. But they are. They're almost nouveau Clash.

In short, both bands have some really great songs, but both have a propensity to wax on in whiny voices on too many of their not-so-great songs.

4 comments:

YellowDancer21 said...

Yet another example of why shuffle is such a wonderful function. Yes, I understand that you don't have enough variety of music at hand for it to do it's duty properly, but this is exactly why I can't stand listening to whole albums at once. Every band has its own sound, it's own cliches and tendancies. They tend to really annoy me when I hear too much of a band's stuff at once.

Anonymous said...

I'll save you the trouble of listening to the Counting Crows--here's what you need:

Round Here
Omaha
Anna Begins
Rain King *
Murder of One
Long December
Daylight Fading
Another Horsedreamers Blues *
Mrs. Potter's Lullabye *
Hangin' Around
Color Blind
St. Robinson's Cadillac Dream *
Hard Candy *
American Girls *
Miami *
If I Could Give All of My Love (Richard Manual is Dead) *
and of course the song that Alyson will never again here without thinking of me Einstein on the Beach*

* Denotes absolute must haves! As you might note, I'm terribly fond of their most recent original album, "Hardy Candy"

I need to do some serious editing of my iPod. I have some major deficiencies of some of my favorite music, Counting Crows for example.

I still need to make you a "Top 25 best iPod songs ever" It'll be totally hot. Although I fear the Jake influence may a bit more noticeable than I would prefer (don't worry this means lots of Tom Petty, REM, Paul Simon--no Anthrax.)

--at

theCallowQueen said...

I'd add Mr. Jones to the list, too.

And I totally want your top 25. It's going to be awhile before I get enough of my songs rated, but when I do, I'll have a top 25 for you.

Anonymous said...

I think my top 25 will be more me just going through and picking 25 songs than anything. It would hurt my heart to have a cd that didn't make sense together.--at

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.