Monday, June 06, 2005

group error

So I joined this group on Flickr called New York tourist's collections. It's a fine place for all my recent New York pictures.

Why I almost didn't join: The apostrophe in the group's name is out of place. Tourist's is singular possessive. Collections is plural, requiring tourists plural. More appropriate names would be: New York tourist photo collections or New York tourists' photos.

I'm contemplating mentioning this gaffe to the group administrator. Or am I just being an editing freak?

5 comments:

YellowDancer21 said...

Dork. I think it might be something you want to keep to yourself. People tend to take such comments badly, especially on the internet. They'll think you're a stuck up brat...maybe. But I can relate to your pain!!! We can share the pain of the misplaced comma!

Speaking of typos though, you mispelled mourn in your post about the replacement. And now I've just invited you to find all the grammatically errors in my comments... ;) Really, it's probably not worth the effort...

theCallowQueen said...

I'll have to fix that.

And just so you know (and because I'm devious):
AP dictates that Internet should be capitalized.
Using three exclamation points in a row is a bit excessive.
And you misspelt misspelled.

:) Cheers!

theCallowQueen said...

Well now, that's quite embarrassing.

I could blame yesterday's long work day...

Hmm... Maybe I need to find a new line of work.

theCallowQueen said...

Sigh, I tried to see Matt Chamberlain's blog but saw an error message instead.

Anonymous said...

Ouch.

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.