Monday, June 06, 2005

talking with my ex-boss

And during this party, I had a near-pleasant conversation with my ex-boss. In the beginning, it was obvious she had little to say to me. But later, with a few drinks in her and Replacement (whom I’d already befriended) nearby, I asked her about the magazine launch (her current obsession) and commented on how much her daughter had grown. This provided the three of us with ample, light conversation. Replacement would have had a hard time guessing a problem ever existed between her new boss and me.

I hope that with continued pleasant conversation, perhaps this burned bridge may slowly be mended to the point I could use it (though be it a tightrope) if I ever needed it.

3 comments:

YellowDancer21 said...

Isn't it fun talking to the subject of such frustration like a buddy? My former supervisor and I did not part on good terms (basically I think she was jealous because I was done with school and moving on to do what I wanted and she couldn't yet) but I had to see her at various gathering afterward and things were okay. But it sure is weird talking to someone when both of you are totally putting aside the weirdness between you as if it never happened though you both were probably thinking about it the whole time you talked.

Anonymous said...

Haha! I like that you're calling her "Replacement".

theCallowQueen said...

One of my ex-co-workers commented on the name I'd chosen for the new assistant editor on my blog. We got a good chuckle out of it. Yeah, I'm quite happy with my choice ;)

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.