Monday, October 03, 2005

celebrities and chocolate

My roomie and I went to the Chocolate Festival this weekend at Union Station. Saturday morning I was at the gym about to begin my walking lunges (forward singles, doubles, triples and backward singles--yeah, it hurts) when one of the guys at a nearby machine asked another what the Chocolate Festival was.

My ears did that little perky thing. I looked up and mentioned that I was going to the Chocolate Festival. The other guy said he'd be there from 1:30 to 3 p.m. He said it in this formal kind of way. Then it registered: Oh my, that's Gary Lezak! Ha! The NBC weatherman works out at my gym. Anyway, we chatted for a bit and then I continued on with my lunges.

Mary and I did end up seeing him at the Chocolate Festival with his dog Stormy. We each got a free rain poncho, too. (Yeah, we're so cool.) Most of the booths were chocolate related. I had no idea that Better Cheddar had so many chocolate products!

We each had a ticket to enter in the raffle of our choosing. And we actually won one of them! My roomie should be picking up our Mary Kay gift basket today after work.

Now I have a weatherman problem. Ever since Bryan Busby came to my grade school, he has been my weatherman. When I need to know the weather, I turn to him first. (OK, I often turn to the Weather Channel first, but if I've missed my local on the 8s, then I look to Busby.) But now that I've met Lezak, I'm reconsidering this whole thing. I mean he goes to my gym; he must be a superior weatherman. ;)

7 comments:

YellowDancer21 said...

Dammit! I forgot about the Chocolate Festival! My mom gave me a flyer about it a few weeks ago and we were wanting to go! Stupid, stupid me. Oh well...

That's cool that you met Gary Lezak though. I'm glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Chocolate Festival? *envy* Didn't even know about it.

Stormy? XDDD

theCallowQueen said...

Yeah, and his other dog is named Windy.

YellowDancer21 said...

That Gary Lezak and his dog names...

Anonymous said...

My mom has always had a great love for Gary...

theCallowQueen said...

Yeah, I'm over the whole weatherman thing. Forget Bryan. Forget Gary. I'm going to just stick with the voice of the guy who does the local weather on the Weather Channel.

Anonymous said...

I get my weather from the radio... Dunno his name...

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.