Saturday, October 15, 2005

flower points

Here's another dating tip for the guys: Showing up with three, long-stemmed, peach roses on your second date with a girl will earn you major points. The point spread varies but is higher for guys who the girl wouldn't expect to be the flower-bearing type. So, for you non-metrosexuals, this is a great boost for you (especially if you plan to wear your jeans and that old, faded polo shirt).

And why peach? Well, red is way too serious; that's reserved for loves. Pink is on its way to being too serious; this is only the second date. White is too pure and friendly; we know that doesn't match your thoughts of her. The peach is a subtler pink; perfect for new possibilities.

8 comments:

YellowDancer21 said...

Dude, flower points rock. And I'm always running out of them, so I like to equip a badge that makes my special moves cost half the flower points and....

Wait, I don't think you're talking about Mario. Right, so, uh yeah... Peach roses are right on. ;)

theCallowQueen said...

Isn't Mario trying to save Princess Peach?

YellowDancer21 said...

So, were you trying to send me a subliminal message, huh? Is your blog really all about video games? Are your posts encoded to hide some secret?

Ah! Too much LOST theorizing. I've become paranoid. It's all a conspiracy!

What did you do with Mario?

jk...

Anonymous said...

Ya two're on crack.

I prefer shrooms myself. Au naturale!

Anyways, wow! Flowers on a second date. Who's the sweetie?!

theCallowQueen said...

Do you think I would reveal that here?

Anonymous said...

Argh! I tried to post yesterday and it didn't work! It was really good too. Well at least at the time I thought so.

Your flowers were lovely. I hope things continue to go well with the boy. I think I would applaud peach for creativity, but I just really don't like orange or any variations thereof, so I would definitely go for pink. I love pink! You didn't explore the options of yellow or white--how do you feel about those.

Jake is a big fan of collecting points. Monday he did my dishes for me, so he wins big points for that. I think he's still working of a deficit for the appearance of "cranky wedding boyfriend" though.

The funny thing is most men could get lots of points with girls if they only listened to women that tell them how to do it. It's so easy! But they think they know better...--at

theCallowQueen said...

Yellow is friendly. Yellow roses are more of a kiss on the cheek between acquaintances. But all of this is just my take on it. If he'd given me roses of a different color, this post would have been completely different.

Anonymous said...

You don't have to tell me here, but you gottan tell me!

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.