Friday, October 14, 2005

my friends, their moms, and me

I had a dream a few nights ago. After the dream I woke and thought to myself, "Now that's a dream I should remember." I then promptly forgot the dream until now.

I started to write out the long version, but I won't bore you with it.

The short version: I was competing in a reality show (mix "The Amazing Race" and "The Apprentice"). I stopped off to take advantage of a Clinique sale at the mall. Where the Clinique woman--who happened to be l42's mom--said that they didn't sell toner at this mall and I'd have to go across town. (Note for the guys: Toner is the second part in most women’s three-step skin care regimes. It comes after the cleanser and before the moisturizer. So the idea that this one item would not be stocked is ridiculous.)

I bought something and hurried away to continue on with my mission. I ended up in this Halloween-like town, where I was told to put on my costume for the final judging. I didn't remember to bring my costume. Big-Bold-D was talking to his mom on the phone. I knew she was going to be coming to see the final judging, so I begged him to ask her to bring toilet paper and tape. I used these items to make a wedding dress in the few short minutes I had. I looked a bit like the corpse bride.

I don't remember who won. Not that it mattered; the competition was obviously rigged.

And, yeah, this was the short version.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey...hi! my name is rosana and i don't know how i'm here in your blog...but it's realy nice...
ok..i'm sorry obout my english...terrible...but i'm braziliAN... understand?

ok..thanks...and bye!

theCallowQueen said...

Hi, rosana, and thanks for your comments. I love hearing from others, and your comments are most welcome. I wish I understood Portuguese so I could read the descriptions on you photo blog. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that toner was to be the second part of a beauty regime, ha! at

Anonymous said...

Aw, how cute.

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.