Thursday, October 13, 2005

sluggish

I've been in a bit of a funk the past few days--probably due to this acid reflux ick and being home and not as social. My sleeping schedule is all out of kilter, and I had all these thoughts running through my head. So, when I woke up at 3 a.m. I tried to go back to sleep, failed, and then went to the gym.

The gym is such an odd place at 4 a.m. The staff outnumbers the members. They had one guy at the desk watching a movie and two people cleaning. There was only one other person working out when I arrived. All those machines sitting silent feels so unnatural. The place is usually so busy, bustling, and sweaty. I started with the StairMaster of Doom, which was beautifully clean and sweat-and-spilt-sport-drink-free. Even a clean StairMaster of Doom sucks, though.

But my body is beginning to right itself. I just have to keep eating bland, boring food and taking that little purple pill. Ugh.

Now for the side note that got me started thinking about all of this: It looks like a fat, green slug is sleeping under my skin. It's really just the bruise from the IV they put in my hand. But I feel sluggish, so I see sluggish.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.