Monday, October 24, 2005

a saved by the bell education

OK, I'm editing this article on FFC rules and children's programming. The United Church of Christ is challenging the licenses of several stations, claiming they aren't providing educational and informational children's programming. And while the FCC and the Children's Television Act mandates station serve the educational and informational needs of children, the FCC includes such shows as "Saved by the Bell" as meeting these needs. And while I'm not in favor of the FCC becoming a children's television watchdog, common sense would tell most of us that Zack et. al. will not provide much in the way of beneficial knowledge to kids, except maybe that:
If the teacher pops a test,
I know I'm in a mess,
And my dog ate all my homework last night.
Riding low in my chair,
She won't know that I'm there,
If I can hand it in tomorrow it'll be all right.
It's all right,
'cos I'm Saved by the Bell.

1 comment:

YellowDancer21 said...

I don't know what you're talking about. Saved by the Bell taught important life lessons every episode. I can tell you right now I wouldn't be where I am today without it's guidance. ;)

Actually, I watched far more PBS television than anything else as a child. And damn that Full House.

Creative Commons License
The original text and photos of this site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.